Translate

Sunday 26 December 2010

Nick Clegg: A good egg?

I'm not going to lie - I have soft spot for Nick Clegg. Here are 3 reasons:

1. Impressively, he's fluent in French, German, Dutch & Spanish. Being a lover of languages myself I give him a cheeky thumbs up for that.

2. Let's be honest, Nick is the much better looking out of the 2. Go on, who would you rather?


3. Charisma. There's nothing that tugs at my heart strings more than a good orator.

Truth be told he hasn't proved himself to be the most popular guy recently. NME's christmas special  certainly had a lot to say about him with respectable indie icons such as Carl Barat calling him "a cunt". Certainly, this was a reaction to the recent student riots which have used Clegg as one of the focal points for their aggression - seriously damaging not only his reputation but also the Lib Dem's credibility. Clegg-hating is officially the latest crazy.


What a shame. The guy had a large proportion of "The New Generation" on his side only a couple of months back. During the election, I personally felt he could offer us a new and better option to the two-party system. He seemed like a man we could finally trust.

I'm a great believer in second chances. I say we should stick by Clegg and try and support him as best we can - after all, he's not rotten yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment